My ACNE Story.

April 02, 2018

Let's talk about the thing that almost everyone of us has gone through or has been going through..ACNE.

Acne is usually caused by imbalanced hormones, poor lifestyle, or it's just in your genes-which is harder to fight. I am writing this blog post to share my acne story and what I do keep them from coming back.

I have an acne-prone skin, my t-zone is oily and my cheeks could get oily as well during the summer. Sometimes when I forgot to wash my fact at night, then in the morning I would wake up with a new pimple somewhere on my face.

I have tried a lot of different products just to heal my acne. My friends know how bad my skin gets because of acne and sometimes, it gives me insecurities especially when I see other people's face clear of acne without even trying! Do you feel me?!  There is this person that I asked how she maintained her skin free of acne, then she replied, "Tubig Lang". If I were to try that, I know my skin will not heal.

That's why I have this habit of going to drugstores twice a month to see if there is anything new in the market that could help me with my acne. I have tried lots and lots and products that has Anti-Acne on the label! I even tried taking anti-acne tablets without prescription, and it made my skin worse. I experimented a lot when it comes to achieving that clear skin.

And of course, after a pimple says bye, a scar says hello which is even worse! There I go again to the drugstore looking for products that would get rid of my acne plus acne scars! 

I know you would tell me, "Go to the derma!". Oh boy I did! I have tried a lot of clinics and even spent 27,000Php for a chemical peel that was done once a week even before my skin starts healing from the chemical peel made a week before they put another one which resulted trauma on my face and made it really red in a span of four weeks, it did not make my skin look like I spent thousands for it so my parents were disappointed because they paid for it. Hehe! And that derma clinic is not just a clinic, it a huge derma clinic owned by one of the famous dermatologist here in the country (DM me if you wanna know).

So when I said I've tried everything, that means EVERYTHING.

So as my blogging career grows, I became more insecure especially when talking to others when I have a huge pimple on my cheek. You have to look presentable and your face is the first thing people look at!

So this is where I discovered Svelt-I. Disclaimer! I AM NOT PAID to write this post. I just want to share this that could help you if you're suffering from acne because this clinic has helped me A LOT! If you've been following me on Instagram (@JosephTaborr), you would know that I always have my facial twice a week.

But first, let's talk how Svelt-I differs from the others and what I really loved about them, because I have been fighting my acne with them for a year now!!! When I first visited the clinic, my skin was assessed by Doc. Marj Lalaine Salazar(she is one of the prettiest doctor I ever met!). I like how you could really interact with the doctor and say what your problem really is and what you would like to do with your face.

I was advised to have my facial once every two weeks, because I have oily skin, and my skin tends to build up more blemishes if untreated. You would see that if you follow me on Instagram (@JosephTaborr).

Before, I tend to put a lot of products on my face, but I was given medicated cream to use. From using 5 products down to 2-3 products a day surprisingly made my skin feel more fresh and light. I was given an Acne Toner, Acne Cream, and Sunblock Gel. Their Acne Cream is a life saver and is really effective.

The thing is, all I needed was a great advise from a good clinic that has a mindset of really treating your skin and not just for the sake of earning money from their clients. They have this client that wants a certain treatment but was not advised by the doctor even if she really pays a big amount for it, because her skin would not really benefit from that treatment, and it's like wasting money. So I love how the clinic really gives what your skin and hard earned cash would benefit from!

Now, to my FACE. I know this would sound biased but, I have never been this happy with skin! You know there's a big difference if there are people who noticed it. My friends actually noticed how my skin has gotten clearer after sessions with Svelt-I, and I am genuinely happy every time they say it. 

Before, I have to use a lot of concealer just to cover those pesky zits, but now, I could step out of the door with just sunscreen on my face. I don't have to waste time putting on a lot of products on my face hoping it would work. I wake up happy because I could really see how my skin has changed every morning. There is really a big difference if dirt is extracted from your face compared to just washing and moisturizing it because just when you thought your skin looks great, there is actually dirt underneath that would turn to a pimple.

If you are struggling with your acne, all you need is a little help from a REAL doctor that has a goal of helping you and not just milking your pockets

Too bad I don't have before and after photos to show you guys because I don't take that much selfies. But since my skin is getting better, I think I'll consider selfies. :)


If you want to get help for your skin click here


You Might Also Like

0 comments