Choosing The Right Sunscreen!

March 08, 2018

It's almost summer! and that means we have to protect our skin more from the harmful rays of the sun unless you wanna get skin darkening, uneven skin tone, dull skin, skin aging, and worse skin cancer! 

Getting a sunscreen is easy, but finding the perfect sunscreen that will suit your skin is hard. So I gathered some of the best sunscreen I have tried so you won't have to go waste your money buying the wrong one. I have combination skin (dry cheeks, oily t-zone), so if you ever have the same skin type as mine, then this is for you!

FACE

For the face, I always look for something that is Gel or Water Based sunscreen, because the problem with other types of sunscreen is it leaves a white cast making your skin uneven and really white and really oily. Another thing I look for is it should have a high SPF - 20SPF at least but it's better if you could go higher.

1. Biore UV Aqua Rich

This is one of the BEST that I've tried. It glides on your skin like water and is absorbed by the skin really fast and doesn't leave a white cast on your skin so your skin looks natural like you did not put anything at all plus it has SPF 50!

2. Belo Sunexpert - Face

Belo is a local brand, that really impressed me with their SunExpert line because there are only a few local brands I know who produces great sunscreen. This face sunscreen is really fast absorbing. It's water based, and it does not make you feel sticky or oily! The best part is that it's not as pricey as the Biore Aqua Rich but they deliver the same effect and feel. 

3. Pond's White Beauty - Daily Whitening Sun Protect

This one is perfect if you still want to whiten your skin while protecting it from the sun. This one has a little white cast but very little that it gives your skin a natural glow - plus it's matte finish so if you have oily skin, this one is good. It has the Pond's scent that everybody likes, but I would prefer the non-fragrance because some skin could react to it. But luckily, mine did not!

Before I continue, if you are wondering where to get all the brands that I mentioned and will be mentioning, they are all available at WATSON'S




BODY

I'm so lazy putting on lotion or anything on my body because lotions are sticky especially in a tropical country like ours, it's really uncomfortable. But here are my super quick and non-sticky sunscreen that you could use just before you head out.

1. Nivea Sun Cooling Sun Mist

I'm not paid to say this but this is the best sunscreen ever! It's invisible & non-greasy and feels really cool on your skin plus it's a joy to use - spray it on your arms and spread then you're done. It's fast absorbing too. But the not so fun part is the big bottle. I wish it comes in a travel size bottle. SPF 50

2. Celeteque Face & Body Sun Defense Spray

Celeteque is a local brand but their quality deserves an international recognition. This sunscreen could be used on the face and body which is nice if you don't want to have a lot of stuff going on. This could be on my top 1 but it has a little oiliness to it because it has Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil. I would not use this on my face because of the oil. SPF 50

3. Vaseline Healthy White Sun+Pollution Protection

Okay this is a lotion, but it's fast absorbing and not oily, it's on my list because of the Pollution Protection that hey have. Sometimes it not enough for just sun protection, you also have to protect your skin from things that you're not aware that could damage your skin especially Metro Manila is super polluted.

4. Beach Hut Max 100SPF

This is perfect for water activities because of the high spf it has! This is definitely what I use when going to the beach or whenever I know that I'll be under the sun for a period of time. What I like about it more is it's non sticky considering the SPF is really high! This will forever be with me especially during travels.

HAIR

Surprised right?! I am too! Before, I didn't know that you have to shield your hair from the sun as well. But under your hair is your scalp that needs protection too. Maybe this is the reason why I tend to get dandruff a lot. 

1. Belo SunExpert Hair & Scalp Shield

If I have this on, my hair does not dry as much as when I don't, because it has vitamin E and SPF. It has a light fresh scent that keeps my hair smelling fresh even under the sun.

2. Vitress Hair Refresher

Okay, this doesn't have SPF but it smells really great!!! When you're walking under the sun, your hair will smell "Amoy Araw" not to mention the pollution, smoke, and sweat, it's the worst I swear. I've been enjoying using this because it smells like you just came out of the shower even if it's 1 PM!





















You Might Also Like

0 comments